Study Help !!!!

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Davidh1819, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

I everyone can anyone give me good tips and techniques on studying in the month running up to exam 70-271
    I am currently studying around 1 hour a night some times 2 hours for 6 days a week and getting 7 hours sleep a night however I suffer from a very low attention span and find it hard to keep still I basicly cant sit down longer than 15 minits without having to walk around and get distracted very very easily and have hundreds of thoughts going through my head at once so it feels if i could focus better i could have passed this exam months ago. i wouldn't be caught dead studying 2 years ago so that alone is a big achievement :) iv also got around 70% on trancenders so the potential is there just need to focus arrrgggggghhh

any good focus and study techniques and self discipline tips I would be gratefull

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

If you are having problems focusing on the materials why not try running through some of it on Windows XP? Im sure there are a few lab type exercises you could try.

Sometimes if you are just reading the book or going through notes it is easy to allow your mind to wander.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

Try studying in the morning, while your brain is still fresh:), or maybe do the reading in the morning and lab work at night. my view but might not be suitable for you.
    good luck

Certifications: Bsc Economics, MCDST
    WIP: what's the point?
  4. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

I have the same problem, I found that studying when I get up for a few hours motivates me more, I have a brake and do another few hours in the evening. Also I never put the book down when I'm going through hard chapters as it never motivates me to come back to it. Try and get 2 different books to study from, as most people here said the MS book is pretty dry and boring so finding another one with a slight different writing style also helps. Try and exercise and eat a healthy diet...that's all I can think of :) Good luck and make sure you pass this exam as it's worth every second of your time. :thumbleft

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST