1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Study book relevance???

Discussion in 'A+' started by mikey73, Apr 27, 2009.

1. mikey73

mikey73 Bit Poster

Hi Guys

Just a quick question to ask whether or not CompTia will be bringing out a new edition in the near future to update the 2006 standards/objectives?

The reason I ask is that I am about to purchase some books to start studying A+/N+/Security+ and want to be sure that I am not wasting my money. If a new standard is going to be released I think I'd rather wait to buy study books for that.

Thanks in advance

2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I think (I may be wrong) that I've heard mention of CompTIA working on updated objectives for the A+ but they are unlikely to appear until near the end of this year, others on here can probaly give you a more concrete answer.

The current N+ objectives are being retired on the 31st July.
    Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

I would concentrate on the A+, buy those books only get certified before the end of the year and then get the new books for Network+. Not sure if and when the Security+ cert is changing.

Good luck and don't let these dates slow you down. I used to look for any excuse to put it off and it has cost me on more than one occasion.
    Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

THe A+ will change later in the year as will the N+ but if your determined enough you will be able to get them done by then.

Not sure on S+
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?