STUDENTS/ALUMINI of UK IT Training - Please help

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by ManicD, Jul 16, 2007.

1. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

I'm getting very worried, i just got a career develpoment loan approved with barcleys they have posted me the paperwork and i'm yet to recive it. thats not my problem though.

I contacted UK IT Training in order to speed up the process i wanted a copy of the contracts to read through before i got there.

They said NO.

Why would a legit company with nothing to hide say no to a standard request? Company policy, some bulls**t about them being legally binding contracts and they cant print them before geting the money or something. Now i'm worried.

i'm looking for someone who actually signed up to them to email, fax or post me a copy of their contracts (blank out your personals by all means), i wish to read through the contract that is signed, preferable the MCSE/MCSA contract but all of them will hold the same standard bits and bobs.

I think theyt are hiding something and i want to know what it is before i visit them.

If you have any information yourself or know anyone who has contact me at [email protected]

Mods: dont worry about spam at that address from web bots, thats my filter account.

Cheers
    Ash

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Sounds dodgey to me mate, perhaps ditch them and look at a different training provider.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What?!? I wouldn't give *anyone* money for *anything* without knowing the details up front. To do otherwise is to be irresponsible with your money! :ohmy

Run away... quickly. :blink

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

If they have nothing to hide they should provide all details before any sort of sign up.

Think of it this way when you buy a car you get to look around and even get a test drive , if this company are not even letting you have any sort of a peak then im with the others time to move on to someone else

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

UK IT Training never heard of them.

If they wont give you a contract n info then they are dodgy.

They're probably not doing this as they probably make certain promises or have certain goals for each client ie how much money can we get out of this **** or how can we get money and keep getting money out of this **** whilst providing him/her with some course material, and someone with a manual on the end of the phone who wont really know what their talking about but whos gonna know.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

the company tell me i can spend as much time as i like when i go up there and read the contracts but they cant send it out in advance. me, i think this sounds very funny business.

7. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

If you could be bothered, you could go undercover

What i mean is take pics of the docs or speak the words into a digital recorder, this is assuming your going to be left alone with them .

Probably wont work, but if they let you see it in pdf or word etc , then you could save it to a flash drive

Can anyone tell ive just watched a bond film lol. dont forget to sweet talk the secretary

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Tell them to send the contracts or no deal. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I have a mate who works at UKITT, and I use them for exams (there just up the road from my work)
    Is this a CDL contract they wont present you? might be worth contacting barclays for more info

also go up there and speak to someone, you tend to get through to phone monkeys with most of these training providors

personally I've felt for years the CDL system is fundemantally flawed and to be avoided if possible, but sometimes its required, like i said, get in touch with the CDL issuer and the go to the training providor in person

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  10. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

Its not the loan contract, thast done by barcleys, its the actualy training contract, i'm thinking of going up there before i sign the loan agreements, as soon as i have signed them they can get the money, without them i'm still equal.

11. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I'd recommend it mate :)
    don't sign anything until your happy

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  12. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

as above, dont sign anything till you have checked it out. A guy I work with has just lost three grand when a company he registered with closed down a training centre after his first lesson. As an alternative he was offered an place it a training centre in north london and considering he lives and works in Brighton this is impossible for him to attend. This clause about alternative training centres was in the small print, so he may have lost a great deal of money.

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  13. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

i have just finished with UK IT and currently waiting for my MCSA cert to arrive in the post from Microsoft.

I signed up in January this year and have since completed the ECDL, A+ IT Tech, Network+, then the 215, 270 & 218. Thats a combined total of 23 days in the classroom & 13 exams and despite what it says on the website the A+ & Network+ are valid electives on the MCSA 2000 track.

I've heard a few stories of this 'not letting the contracts out of the building" and frankly it is not doing them any favours. Personally (and this is only my own opinion) they (the people selling it to you) try to make it as if they are doing you the favour... they even call the payments a contribution. If there any legal experts out there I'm fairly sure they'd be able to poke some pretty big holes in the contract.

They do have some good facilities and as has been said before some of the girls on the phone arent too clued up as to what is going on as they have a huge number of people passing through their doors, so if possible speak to someone face to face for the best response.

One warning though, is timescale.... a lot of my fellow classmates were quite literally running out of time to complete the number of exams within that first year, so that they can get the extra 6 months, as they had other commitments.
    I was on the dole at the time so could afford a few hours self-study/practice every day, on top of the 23 days of classroom time.

Read through the contract carefully, in fact if you want I can scan mine (omit the names ;)) and email it to you if you want, although it is dated 5 Jan 2007 so it may have changed as I know they are not doing Security+ now, and offer Cisco CCNA instead...

Ultimately it is up to you if you want to part with just over 3 grand but if you are highly motivated and want to get it done, I am testament to their instructors (although not all instructors are created equally!), facilities and to the fact that the first half of the course can be done inside 6 months.