Stuck with training provider??

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by ravsv650, Jul 17, 2008.

1. ravsv650

ravsv650 New Member

Hi.
    I found out all the bad news about training companies too late. Im with computrain-uk. I have meeting booked for next week at CAB to get an advise on contract cancelation but cool down period ended while ago. :cry:
    Does anybody have same situation? Do you have any advise? What strategy I should use?
    Materials provided by computrain-uk are not the best quality. I was trying to solve some test questions published by TestKing. there is no answer for some of them in my materials at all. Should I forget about them and study from other books??
    computrain learning path is EDCL -> A+ -> N+ -> MCSE
    I am on MCSE (20-270) after 3 months but they skip A+ and N+ for an unknown reason (i am trying to get an answer jus now). I have passed CCNA exam few weeks ago. I am well motivated so learning on my own is not a problem.
    Help, please.:cry:

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

First: stay away from testk*** or any of the like. These are braindumps (actual exam questions) and highly illegal. Don't get involved with TK. It could cost you your certification for your life. See www.certguard.com for more info.
    Second: That last one is a BIG step. Are you sure on this one? It sounds like a climbing course saying: saturday paper -> chair -> 7 step ladder -> the Matherhorn.
    Thirth: No you're not. If you passed 70-270 you are a MCP. The track for MCSE involves 7 exams.
    Fourth: How did you pass CCNA? What did you use for preparation? If you used TK for this, you technically hold the cert for CCNA but mentally you are not. Please give more info on your IT history to give more and better advise.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

What he said ^ plus there probably isn't much you will be able to do since you have went passed the cooling off period.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Also, if you've already passed CCNA with them then why are you now unhappy ? Ignore the braindumps as said before. Ask you tutor about recent pass rates fro their students.

You probably have no way out unless you can prove the material and training is not adequate/sufficient to pass the exams. If you're just being swayed by others' comments then stop and think about your own experience. Maybe making the best of it is the way forward and just remember to check things out in future before you book anything.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I'd be interested to know how he got the TK stuff... i.e. did he get it himself, or did someone give it to him?

6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I would imagine that computrain provided/recommended it to him if so then perhaps that is your get out clause right there!

grrr blimin test providers!:x

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  7. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

At the very least, any TP should be directing their students away from BDs. Not saying that Computeach didn't do so in this case; however, any TP found to be actively supporting the use of BDs, or even providing same should be reported to the appropriate certification authorities.

8. ravsv650

ravsv650 New Member

I do not use testking to learn. i was just checking the quality of my materials. My test provider never advise me to use that. I decided to sign up for the course because of the MCSE. I was not interested in other courses - i treate is as a bonus. I have recieved an answer from them on my qeestion: why they skip A+ and N+. -> "Your account was upgraded so that your prerequisite training was the 70-271 and 70-272 instead of the A+ and Network+." What do you think about it? I am not sure what is that mean.
    I have passed CCNA before i sign up for MCSE. I was attending Cisco Academy classes. i mention that to get an idea about my experience. I was not working as an IT yet. I hold the Master degree in Telecomunication.

9. ravsv650

ravsv650 New Member

I have asked them about other student. the answer was: "Due to data protection we can’t give out customer details but I can say that everyone that has graduated this year we have found a job for."

10. ravsv650

ravsv650 New Member

I heard from other computrain student that they actually use brain dumps in the materials. i will check that. if they do what should i do? report that somewhere? is that reason good enough to cancel the course and get the money back?

11. ravsv650

ravsv650 New Member

one more thing guys. i just found out that i am using MindLeaders materials. Any opinions on that?? My main concern now is to make sure there is no braindumps in my materials.
    correct me if iam wrong: if my training provider use braindumps in materials and for example my future boss somehow will find that out. One day I can loose my cert just like that.:dry
    apologies for spelling errors and bad syntax. Thanks for all the answers.

12. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  13. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

This means they altered the course content to include the MCDST cert instead of the A+ and N+ certs as pre-requisites to the MCSE.

If you have obtained a MSc in Telecoms and a CCNA legitamately and have some in depth experience with windows its quite possible you could obtain the MCSA. The MCSE sounds like a bit of a stretch and really you need a year on the job administering a non trivial network before you should consider it.

Tinus's analogy is frightening accurate, courses like these shouldn't be allowed for people without experience, the learning curve for the MCSE will be near vertical for people without sufficient experience, if it were climbing it would be reckless endangerment...

Why not use your MSc in telecoms and CCNA to land a job and continue to self study ?

Best of luck !

14. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

yes you can lose your certs and if they give you braindump material then you have a perfect case to cancel your contrct and get your money back IN FULL

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  15. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I would get this verified before jumping to these conclusions, there is a huge difference between braindumps and test questions in each section of a course.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  16. greenbrucelee

BDs are BDs in Microsoft,compTIA and Ciscos eyes so if they were reported students could get done.

17. ravsv650

ravsv650 New Member

Personally I do not now if thats BDs or not. I am not sure how to check it. But as long as CertGuard says that MindLeaders are checked I believe theres no BDs.
    I am gonna stay with my TP but focus more on MCDST Self-Paced Training kit by Microsoft. I have went thru a couple of lessons and fill much more happy with that.
    The only thing I am not sure is if I should ask my TP to change MCSE to MCSA how I was indirectly advised.

18. Tinus1959

A+ and N+ are the general certifications. 70-271 and 70-272 are two certs needed for MCDST or in plain text windows XP helpdesk support techie. They are in a different league; not to be compared. I really don't get the meaning of their answer. "your account was upgraded???" What account? by who was it upgraded? and why?

19. Tinus1959

Nice answer with absolutely no info. So if nobody graduated....
    They don't need to give out costumer details, they just have to say the percentage that passed the tests.

20. greenbrucelee

If cert gaurd say something is ok then it is ok, if it says it's a braindump or uses bad practices then stay away.

As for the certs, you shouldn't be doing any high level certs without the required experience as it can hurt your employment prospects but a TP isn't going to tell you that.