Stuck with Excel

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rob1234, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi,

I am using Excel 2003 and am trying to create a stacked column chart (I can do that bit) but I want to make the chart using the accumulated totals of some monthly figures I have. Is there a special calculation I can do to make the monthly totals accumulate so I can then take that data and put it in a chart?

Hope that makes sense and someone can help. I have a feeling it is really simple but I can not work it out probably because I have been working since 8 this morning :eek:

Certifications: A few.
  2. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

Have you tried using the chart wizard? There's an icon for it at the top of the screen, about in the middle.

3. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

Sorry if I'm unsure what you're trying to do exactly. If you want to collect all of your totals onto one worksheet or area, you can read your totals from one worksheet into another with the formula below.

=WorkSheet!Range

WorkSheet is the name of the worksheet and Range is the cell or range of cells that your totals are located in.

4. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

Are you saying you have january on one worksheet, feb on another and so on and you want a total of all teh totals from each sheet that automatically updates each time you add a new sheet?

if not try to explain more fully, if possible upload the worksheet somewhere and share it so we can see what you have and what you want

failing that, e-mail me at [my username] @ hotmail . com

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  5. Softix

Softix Bit Poster

I'm not very experienced using Excel, but I guess it has many tools to save time and put many values and amount together if you know how to configure it.
    Have you tried to search for this thing in the help files or online tutorials?

6. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Thanks never thought of that (!)

Certifications: A few.