struggling to do mcdst

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by DAVID ARROWSMITH, Oct 7, 2010.

1. DAVID ARROWSMITH

DAVID ARROWSMITH Nibble Poster

i will be struggling to fit in the mcdst before the exam expires on 31st march. do not really want to do network plus. would the vista and windows 7 equivs of the mcdst be ok to take. any comments would be appreciated !

Certifications: a plus
    WIP: exam 70-620 windows vista
  2. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Either mate to be honest. If you know your going to struggle to get them done then you have answered your own question in a sense. I would scrap doing the MCDST and go down the MCTS route. Obviously if you work for a company that uses XP then the MCDST would be more helpful to you but if your after the cert then both are just as good.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
    Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  3. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

How many hours of study can you put in each day?

What book are you using? I used the Sybex book for my MCDST, it had both exams in one book.
    If you can study one hour a day, six months should be more than enough.

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

They'd be fine to take... but XP will continue to be used for years to come. If you can knock out the MCDST, I'd encourage you to do so.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!