Strike 70-284...

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by Obinna Osobalu, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Hello folks am back with blissful news.. Passed 70-284 with a score of 954:D, (guess am now MCSA 2003:Messaging) No simulations though:( kind of starting to enjoy those sims. preparations under way for 70-298 on Tuesday next week. will be going through learn key's interactive cds this weekend as well as notes I have taken way back..

Recent development: The prometric centre were I take the exams which is also an IT training school offered me a job as a trainer. Am seriously flattered but had to let them know i was still a student, moreover I'll be going back to school and i cant shuffle even if i wanted it to be part time basis. They did let me off but said the offer will still be open.. So cool8)

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done and congratulations!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

I know people that have been using Exchange for years and failed this one first time around. Did you use TK for this one as you stated you had with at least some previous ones?

The tally so far:

70-291 - with a score of 936 - October 17'ish
    70-290 - with a score of 980 week'ish before that
    70-270 - with a score of 850 two weeks'ish before the 291
    70-293 - with a score of 809 - 24 oct
    70-294 - with a score of 815 - 11 Nov
    70-284 - with a score of 954 - 14 Nov

Design Elective next week.....

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  4. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Most people that have been using Exchange for years can fail the first time(happens over here)because of much experience as in based on the course of their work they might have come up with procedures that can be used to achieve the same result if you were to use normal conventional method(which is what is expected of you in the exam). On the TK(very irrelevant question) when i use it i will let you know, the point here is that when am done with school and have a full time job as System Administrator collecting nothing less than 120k in our local currency I'll send you a memo:D

5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

..... dont know what to say? How do you pass so many in such a short time frame?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Obina I would say congrats but I find it very difficult to believe you have stopped using TK since I told you stop. If you have been using them and I were an employer and knew you had used them I would not hire you as I wouldn't be able to trust you. Stop using BDs they make it harder for people to find jobs and devalue certifications.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=28365

Post 14.... and I don't think it is an irrelevent question.

EDIT:

My point wasn't that a single person could fail an exam after using a product for so long, as we all know that can happen. However, he had read the books and taken the training courses, which I admit is irrelevent to my point.

My point is, however, that even with real world experiences, I find it hard to believe that ANYONE can pass so many exams in such a short ammount of time, WITH such HIGH scores on each and every exam.

8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Thats what I feared.. :(

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Well I guess everybody is entitled to their own opinion. If you were an employer and you employed me (definitely you will) and on performance appraisal you find me highly effective dont think you will be having a fit over trust issues... Have really been sleeping,dreaming,eating,drinking IT so i know how it goes

On the TK(very irrelevant question) when i use it i will let you know

10. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

I cannot see how using TK's are irrelevent. It's ok if you now feel that you have said too much and want to deny what you have said, but telling me the same thing over and over doesn't make it any less of the truth.

You said you used TK's for at least one exam, how is this irrelevent?

11. greenbrucelee

Exactly

Luddym goes for a job and Obina goes for the same job, both are MCSE certified one cheated one didn't. Obina who do you think is the most credible employee?

I said I wouldn't be able to trust you if I am an employer, if you cheated on an exam you might steal from the petty cash it's the same in my eyes.

12. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Dude i haven't said anything yet not to say I have said too much and am not denying the fact i said that I used TK before and i will still tell you again and anybody if i do use it again without reservation because I dont care what you think...

:hhhmmmFill me in because i cant remember any part of the CV that one stipulates that he/she has cheated in an exam

13. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Right....so did you use TK's for all of you exams over the last few weeks? I must say that even if you say no, there's not much chance I will believe you. But as you said, what I think is irrelevent.

So you are saying that because you don't have to admit that you cheated, it is acceptable to cheat?

14. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Definitely.

Am not saying it is acceptable to cheat but that depends on how you define cheating... A thought on this "The distance between insanity and genius can only be measured by success"

15. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Now we've established you did use TK's....

Well in this case you are suggesting that genius is the same as sitting next to someone and copying their answers. Wow, there are a lot of brainless geniuses out there.

I cannot see how knowing the ACTUAL questions and answers before going into the exam is not cheating. If you can't see that then I am extremely worried for you.

16. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

A flat refusal by the guy to say that he has not used BDs for the latest exams points, to my mind, to the fact that he has. Thus, it is perfectly possible to take and pass 3 exams... sorry, 3 HARD exams... in less than a week if BDs are used.

Even someone who has been working with an OS, or elements of it, for years would struggle to get into the right frame of mind for 3 different exams in that timescale, and get very good scores. And by experienced I do mean people getting down to the nitty gritty with the functionality.

If you want to pass exams that way fine, but don't rub my nose in it.

17. greenbrucelee

"The distance between insanity and genius can only be measured by success"

how about "The distance between insanity and genius is one guy think cheating is ok but the other guy doesn't have to because he's put the work in and passed legally"

18. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Coming soon to a multi-site Exchange installation near you...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  19. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Thats you then.. because dude you didnt hear me say that

Dude you can keep sweating yourself.. Am just an exam to what i actually need for now(MCSE2003) coupled with the fact that i can deliver which i dont even need you to tell me because am alresdy getting results.

"legally" yeah right. Same goes for you..

20. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Keep me posted...