Streaming

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by Mr.Cheeks, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Ow can you save movie files (mov, avi, flash etc) thats streamed in media player / google vid / utube etc onto your harddrive.

I downloaded VideoDownloader extension for FF and it doesnt work.

Plus how about stream audio files mp3, wav, rm etc?

I been looking for a solution for around a month now and im getting no where :oops:

Cheers

2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Well what I do is (and this is more for avi and wmv files) I right click on the media window within the browser click on Properties, highlight the link of the file. copy and paste it into another browser window and that will open the desired media player (in my case WMP) and then I can save it to my hard drive...but I know about the other stuff ur talking about, I tried meself with that program but just left it...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. Mr.Cheeks

when you open it in your *desired* media player, im assuming you have to wait until its cached locally and then save it... what happens when its a flash file or the file is over a hour long?

4. Mr.Cheeks

any more suggestions people?

5. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

There is a program called Tunebite that will record any video or audio playing through your system. For example, you can play a DRM MP3 in Media Player, Tunebite will capture the digital sound output from the sound card and create a non-DRM mp3, it also has a high-speed dubbing feature which is handy (not that I use it for such purposes, ah-hem). There is also a video enabled version but I haven't used that so I don't know what files it supports I'm afraid.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

You need to download an .flv player first of all.

I use this one (click the 'Click here to download flv player' link)

Then you need to rip the stream. Easiest way to do this via a website like this one - which enables you to copy the video's link into the URL bar provided and download it to your hard drive (follow the instructions on the page and change the filename as instructed)

This has been absolutely invaluable to me at work lately - I'm seeing a lot of content violation and (as we're unable to block YouTube & Google Video because I work in Law Enforcement and the vids there often have footage that is vital to our line of work) it's VERY handy indeed to be able to download stuff and save it in case of future investigations into misuse :wink:

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Do those programs work with Flash Zeb? I thought flash stuff was fairly well protected against downloading?

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Yep - specifically designed for ripping from YouTube, Google Video and anywhere else that streams to flash files

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  9. Mr.Cheeks

Cheers guys, i'll give these a bash hopefuly by end of the week and let ya all know what i think