Strata Green IT - Practice Exam?

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by invierno, Jun 30, 2010.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

The Sun gets hot and will continue to get hotter until it dies, solar flares n stuf from the sun hit our atmosphere all the time it's inevitable that the activity will increase.

Look at the planets nearest the sun like Mecury it has no atmosphere (untill russ abbot gets there :D) so no ozone it is a lot like the moon but why is it like that? because the sun ****ed it up and in about 5 million years the earth will be the same just before the sun implodes :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

Don't you mean 5 billion years?
    Because 5 million years is not actually that long.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  3. greenbrucelee

doesn't matter to me ifs a million or a billion I'll be long rotted away by then

4. greenbrucelee

It doesn't really matter anyway Eric because in the 25th century Dr Theopolis is gonna come along build a dome over the earth so we can breath nice fresh air and along with buck rogers, wilma dearing and a crazy looking bird bloke are gonna defend the earth against some fit looking witch woman from a planet we have never heard of.

So putting your cardboard in a green box and plastics in another aint gonna make a **** of difference :D

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Nothing wrong with server virtualization. That just makes sense, regardless of energy savings. But again, if you're going to learn server virtualization, there are exams for that.

And that's worth doing. But does there need to be a cert for that?

You use projectors for more than 9000 hours? That's more than a year straight, 24/7, never turning it off... :blink

Agreed. There are some cost-savings to be had out there. You just have to do it responsibly and logically.

I could go out and buy a hybrid car... at a huge extra expense that I probably wouldn't make up in gas savings over the life of the car. When the price comes down (in both purchase price and maintenance expense), then it'll certainly be a worthwhile investment.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. BosonMichael

It is a debate for another thread. But for a quick answer to your question, it's not been getting hotter for the past 10 years... it's been getting cooler. That's why they've started to call it "climate change", not "global warming"; their earlier theories have been debunked.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. BosonMichael

Someone here is a degreed chemist. :rolleyes:

8. BosonMichael

But none of that is relevant to the exam, nor is it relevant to what we as techs do. That's relevant to those who design computer components.

Yeah, I guess, if you want to work for the gummint. They've bought into the whole "green jobs" thing wholesale. But then again, it's in their own best interest to. :blink

It's in the Comedy Fiction section. :p

9. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

On the whole that OP's question has been answered. If you guys want to debate global warming then please do so in another thread.

Thanks

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  10. invierno

invierno Nibble Poster

Though BosonMichael will never, ever speak to me again, I have passed the Green Strata exam. The book suggested by Ken covered everything, and forgive me it was the easiest cert I've ever earned!

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: Java, Linux
  11. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  12. invierno

invierno Nibble Poster

Yes that's it

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: Java, Linux
  13. BosonMichael

Why wouldn't I speak to you again? Just because I think it's a useless cert based on a faulty premise doesn't mean I won't speak to you.

Congrats...?

14. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security