STPD.sys causes reboots

Discussion in 'Software' started by Theprof, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey guys,

I was installing Daemon tools and prior to the installation the program installs the STPD.sys device driver. However after the installation is complete the computer requires a reboot, after the reboot, before it gets to the main logon screen it reboots again and it does this continuously in a loop.

The only way for me to fix this is to boot into safe mode and do a system restore.

I looked around on the web for any fixes or solutions and no one can really give a good fix, just on how to fix the reboots.

I was wondering if any of you came across this situation in the past. Note: it also happens with Alcohol 120%.

My specs are:

-Windows XP Pro SP2
    -hardware wise its a BenQ 8X DVD burner.
    -if full computer specs are need let me know.

In the past it worked fine with vista, but at the moment doesnt work with xp. Weird.

Thanks in advance.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA