Still Looking

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by anniemac, Jan 7, 2008.

1. anniemac

anniemac Bit Poster

You won't believe my 'luck' I go for this nice job, junior helpdesk, in an auditing Company. It's a new position and I'm in for the 2nd interview. Everything looks rosy then nothing. I was sent by an agency and although I was promised a reply the next day, the agency couldn't get hold of the partner. Christmas came and went and still no news. Then on the 2nd Jan I get told the Company has decided not to go that route and would not be taking anyone on!! This all started on the 7 Dec. surely they could have done their homework before the interviews. But I still feel great, this was my first IT job interview and I got to the 2nd round!! Now I just have to find someone who will take me on with no formal IT experience. It really is the chicken and the egg.

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Network +
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Getting to the 2nd interview on your first interview is saying something about you and what the employers saw in you.

Keep it up and something will turn up soon.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Be persistent... eventually, someone will take you on for an entry-level role. You just have to be the best candidate out of those who apply... and sooner or later, that's likely to happen. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

You'd be surprised at how many companies put out a job listing and then change their mind. When I was first looking for a job, I saw the exact same job advertised 3 different times by the company. Each time, they ended up taking the job back down because they decided to go in a "different direction."

I know it's frustrating, but keep at it and you'll find something.