Step by step guide to success in ccna

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by cobirad, Apr 6, 2010.

1. cobirad

cobirad Bit Poster

hello folk's. am Conrad obi and am so much interested in getting a CCNA certificate. but i don't really
    know how To go about it. the only thing think i know is that i have to get a NETSIM but after getting it , what then do i do ? i have read lots of testimonies from this forum about CCNA success and i also want to be a part of it. u guys should help me. i need materials and what ever u think can be of benefit. i just need a "STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO SUCCESS IN CCNA"

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hello,

There really is no step-by-step way of doing the certification. Each individual has their own way of studying and passing exams. Have you ever tried buying the CCNA Press book and studying yourself? It can get really hard if you're a beginner and you will have a lot of questions and you'll need someone to answer them... this is where the forums come in place.

Do you currently work in IT? if so, what do you do? Reason I am asking is because CCNA not for a biggner, its hard, experience working with Cisco would greatly help you.

I am assuming that this is your first certification you're studying for?

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

As Theprof pointed out sounds like this may be your first foray into the certification world. If so I would look into starting with the Comptia A+ and Net. You have to walk before you can run!!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
    Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5