1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Password Recovery - What a Joke

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Fergal1982, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I logged into steam this evening, only to be presented with the password prompt. Usually, it is set to auto-login, so I havent entered the password in months.

After a couple of failed attempts at it, I decided to fire up the password retrieval function on the login prompt. What a joke. After entering my username, it sends an email to you containing a verification code, and a secret question, which you are expected to answer. Below is the email almost exactly as I got it (minus real codes, etc):

Given that if my passphrase was ever reset, it would have been well over a year ago, how the hell am I supposed to remember what they last reset my phrase to? Not even counting the fact it was so long ago, the first thing I would have done would have been to change it.

Luckily, I struck gold and remembered my password, so I'm in now, but that email really is annoyingly stupid :x
    Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

lol good old steam.

i havn't used it since i played counter strike last which was about 4 years back, was always a nightmare even back then
    Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud