1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting with 70-662?

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by king_ran, Jan 11, 2011.

1. king_ran

king_ran Bit Poster

Hi, I'm looking to study for the Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Configuring 70-662 exam. The reason being is that I need to brush up on my Exchange knowledge as the company I work for will be upgrading to Exchange 2010 very soon.

My concern is I don't meet all the prerequisites such as:

* Fundamental knowledge of network technologies including Domain Name System (DNS) and firewall technologies.
    * Fundamental knowledge of certificates and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
    * Experience using Windows networking and troubleshooting tools such as Network Monitor, Telnet, and NSLookup.

Even with going on training courses I think I'll struggle as I don't have the strongest knowledge of the above. I have however worked in I.T for 1.5 years as a network technician so do have good working knowledge/hands on experience of of AD, Exchange 2003, Server 2003, firewalls etc.

Would appreciate if anyone can give their thoughts or advise on whether I should go for this course? Regards.
    WIP: A+, MCDST
  2. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you've been working with Exchange for a year and a half, you should be fine with not knowing a few things here and there. That said, I would recommend that you study up on those topics so you're not left scratching your head over new terminology as the rest of the class blazes forward.
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. king_ran

king_ran Bit Poster

Thanks for the reply. Think I definitely need to revise quite a few topics.
    WIP: A+, MCDST