starting the A+

Discussion in 'A+' started by dbl147, Jan 7, 2008.

1. dbl147

dbl147 New Member

Hi , i think i`ll need to do about 160 hours minimum of study to pass the A+. Is this extreme or are the other people as green as me who have passed it with so little experience. If so any tips, help and advice would be appreciated.

Certifications: HNC Business,ECDL
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I think the best thing to do is pick up Mike Meyers A+ All in one, and read it. After that you'll have a much clearer picture on where you stand in regards to time etc. It is regarded as an "entry level" cert so you shouldn't have too much trouble if you put the effort in! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What he said. The A+ is specifically for people who don't have any experience. So take as much (or as little) time as you need... study the concepts until you understand them.

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. dbl147

dbl147 New Member

Nice one. Thanks

5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Its not a race, it does not matter how long it takes you.

Take as long as you need until you fully understand the concepts.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. dbl147

dbl147 New Member

your right thanks. Started reading the mike meyers A+ and all in one this week and even though i`m getting through it i`ll probably have to read it 2 or 3 times for it to sink in. I`ve got the PC Technician street smarts aswell.