Starting N+!

Discussion in 'Network+' started by j0emc, Jan 26, 2011.

1. j0emc

j0emc New Member

Hi guys, first of all thanks for setting up such a great place to find help and materials to help! But what I'm looking for is a book or a couple of books to help a complete novice get passed in Network+ :). I do actually work within a network enviroment but only as a Trainee, so atm I'm sort of doing everything... But if anyone could link some great beginners books it would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: Network+
  2. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Hi,

Welcome to CF!

I'm currently doing my A+ at the moment. I think most people on this forum would suggest the N+ by Mike Myers from Amazon, but you could get it from other Websites.

I would also check out www.professormessor.com. He has some really good training videos on there.

Hope this helps, and Good Luck :D

Rob

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
    Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. j0emc

j0emc New Member

Thanks for that! Yeah I've seen those books by Mike Myers on Amazon - also brings me on to a different question: would anyone happen to know the difference between the All-in-One and the Passport N+ books?

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: Network+
  4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I believe the passport books are for revision purposes.
    My advice would be the Meyers AIO and the professor messer vids. By the time you have digested that lot you'll know whether you need any other study material.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job