1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting local computer repair service?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Slipmatt, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Slipmatt

Slipmatt Bit Poster

I work for a company as their in-house IT support and blah blah so I know a bit or two about computers. Not an expert by IT standards but I can diagnose and fix most issues a standard user would get - as much as PC world anyway :P

So I was thinking I have spare time, me and the family need extra money - why not use my time and experience to earn it?

I could do a decent website with info and pricing and stuff... a pretty professional looking one.

What else would I need, would I need to register a company? Don't really want to do that to start with.

I guess I am just looking for any advice that anyone may have on this sort of thing.

Kind Regards
    Certifications: None
    WIP: CompTIA A+
  2. dales

dales Gigabyte Poster

this does get asked quite often on here try this thread http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=43164 for general advice about starting up on your own.
    Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7