1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

started my self-study and would like a bit more advice =]

Discussion in 'A+' started by thelonegunman, Aug 9, 2009.

1. thelonegunman

thelonegunman Bit Poster

Ok, after what seams like ages of reserch on distance learning companies (only a couple of weeks =]), i have decided to self-study.
    yesterday morning i recieved my 1st book, the Mike Meyers A+ (as recommended by so many people, here and over the net) ,and so far it seams like a great read, very easy to digest.

Now, i know that compTIA made some revisions to the 2006 exams in 2007, so my question is:

From personal experience does anyone know if there is any fundamental infomation or requirements that are not covered in the book with regards to the 2007 revisions?

I understand that not one book can be my only resource but the more info i can get about up-to-date requierments for the current A+ exams the better.

Also, i know there is lots of info on this forum about books and resources, but as of ''current date'' could anyone recommend a good complementary book to the MM AIO i bought?

sorry for all the questions but its been a long time since i studied for anything and want to make this work in the correct way.

2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

The 2006 and 2007 exams are pretty much one and the same. I assume there was tweaks between the "guinea pig" 2006 and the current 2007 but mostly in the marking, not the content.
    Take a look at my "How I would have done it (If I'd known then what I know now)" doc http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread32025.html

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job