Starcraft 2

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Fergal1982, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Anyone buying/bought it? I never really got into the first starcraft, and Im not sure i'll get this one to be honest, but they hype is high.

Saw this online though.

[​IMG]

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

thats an awesome graphic lol

to be fair i have not touched my PC for about 2 months
    summer is diving / camping / ATVing / cycling season :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Got StarCraft 2 a day after it was released. I would say the game play is a cross between C&C and Supreme Commander 2, but with better graphics than C&C.

While I can't comment on all the things on the table, I can say that the top one, "Lan" is a fuzzy one. The game does need an active internet connection, however you can set up an online game with your mates vs AI - so kind of an online LAN game.

So far, I've done 3 missions on the solo mission and have played a few "online" LAN games (3 humans vs the AI), not sure how much bandwidth or how fast the internet speed needs to be but for the 3 of us the game ran smoothly over a 10meg connection.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I enjoyed the first Starcraft but won't buy the sequel for 2 reasons:

1) it's way overpriced
    2) it only got one campaign and you have to buy the other 2 separately which further makes number 1 point valid

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I played the trial of SC2 is an awesome game to be honest! It lives up to the hype... the only thing is, it is pricey but for those who really enjoy the game, it's a small price to pay considering its not like wow where you have to pay monthly fees...

Blizzard is making redicoulus money with these games... with Cataclysm around the corner and Diablo 3 in the making... intense!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. Kitkatninja

Can't wait for Diablo 3 :biggrin

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  7. michael78

You can pick up Diablo 3 from Tesco's for £19.50 using code FTSL15-1 (code finishes 01/08/2010) if you haven't already ordered mate.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
  8. Kitkatninja

Hi mate, can't find it on Tesco's website? Do you have a link? As it's coming up with "We couldn't find anything to match your search for: “Diablo 3”"

-Ken

9. michael78