Star Wars: The Old Republic has a release date!!!

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Phoenix, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I still play
    I think with any MMO there is a grind aspect to it, things that seem repetitive, but it does have that Bioware staple, and the story is gorgeously laid out

as for end game content, I remember WOW at release, so i'm not that bothered, I feel it will follow
    Now i have Mass Effect 3 to content with, and I have not logged into a game for over three weeks due to work and travel, LOL!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  2. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

to study...to mass effect...to study....to mass effect...ahhh not enough hours in the day. We need 3 day weekends.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I started playing it as well... and I am a WoW player too and I'd have to say that the game is good, its a new release, there's definitely things to add/fix but like Ryan said, WoW was like that too when it first came out... I don't play everyday, I don't have the time for it but when I do play it, I enjoy the game. I think the fact that I don't play every day, doesn't make the game boring for me...

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I'm still playing it, though only have time for around 2 to three nights a week now. Still havent got to 50 yet but am now lvl 45.

Thing is, you have to give any game some time to develop after release. Things can either get better or worse but it needs time to settle and find its feet. Sure theres a grind, but there is with any MMO. Its how its handled thats different. haveing quests to do as part of a story that dont always feel like visit person A to get a kill X of C works. Crafting could be better, PVP needs some fixes and as i havent got to end content cant comment on that.
    However a new update is planed soon. 1.2 promises to fix loads of things as well as add new stuff. And if Bioware are doing this, this soon after release, surley it shows comitment by them to continue to develop teh game?

I'd say, get it, play it, if you like it keep playing and if you dont? well stop. What you lose?

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,