star wars fans ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kobem, Jan 2, 2008.

1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

i support jedi the light side and can't still catch why anakin has gone bad . whatever
    i say is not much important and leaving comments and thoughts to you

Certifications: CCNA
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Anakin went bad because he knew his wife was going to die, and Darth sidious (Palpatine,the emporer) said he knew how to cheat death, but only if Anakin joined him. So Anakin joined him in the hope the emporer would help him stope Padame from snuffing it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

erm... Anakin went bad because Lucas wanted him to? :biggrin

He also went dark side, apart from what GBL said, because he allowed his emotions to control him, and fuel him. How much of it was manipulated by palpatine, and how much of it was just coincidence, is a mystery.

Not to mention that the Prophecy stated that he would bring balance to the force. Hmm. let me do the maths here, a galaxy ruled by Light Jedi, where the Light Jedi far outweigh the dark side. What could balance possibly be? Perhaps reducing the lightside or increasing the dark side, or both, until they are both level.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. greenbrucelee

Also if if you have read any of the books that are set after the films, its actually Han and Leas offspring who bring balance to the force.

There will always be a Jedi and always a Sith. otherwise there can be no balance.

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I don't buy the whole "immaculate conception" of Anakin. I say that Palpatine kidnapped his mother, drugged her, artificially inseminated her with his sperm, then sold her into slavery on Tatooine to keep her and the child out of the way until the events in "The Phantom Menace". He could easily have foreseen that he would be discovered by Qui-Gon Jinn and trained as a Jedi, etc, etc...

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. greenbrucelee

Is there not a bit in Revenge of the Sith where Palpatine actaully says 'son' when speaking to Anakin?

7. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

or... and heres a strange idea. maybe she got knocked up by some guy, and didnt want to admit it.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  8. greenbrucelee

ha lol, they were rednecks living in the desert and Anakins dad is his mums brother :twisted:

9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Actually, I think that the fall and rise of Anakin is pretty much the point of the Star Wars saga...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  10. greenbrucelee

film wise yes it is about the fall and redemption of Anakin.