Stange Active Directory and Exchange problem

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by guyver9114, Jul 22, 2005.

1. guyver9114

guyver9114 Bit Poster

Hi all,

Just got a call from a mate who is setting up a small network and hes run into a small problem and its a new one on me.. here goes

The network has one of each
    1 x Server 2003
    1 x Exchange 2003 enterprise
    1 x ISA2004

The Server 2003 machine is the domain controller which he set up first, he has then installed the Exchange machine.

The problem is that although the Exchange server can view the main active directory with all the Exchange options, the domain controller (Server 2003) does not show the Exchange options..

Has anyone come across this before? or know how to rectify it? i am going to trawl through the net again to see if it turns up anything.

G

Certifications: MCSA: Messaging, MCT
    WIP: Nothing for a few months :)
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

the domain controller wont show the exchange options unless you install the exchange management tools :)
    hope that helps

you can also install the windows 2003 admin pack and the exchange management tools to get the same utilities on the admins desktop

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. guyver9114

guyver9114 Bit Poster

Cheers for the reply, the strange thing is that he said that he did have the options initially but then they disappeard, i will speak with him again as hes not the brightest spark in the bunch :)

Thanks again

G

Certifications: MCSA: Messaging, MCT
    WIP: Nothing for a few months :)