spyware

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by ARUNREDDY, Oct 17, 2008.

1. ARUNREDDY

ARUNREDDY New Member

can anybody help me out,,,,,,,,,,,i could not remove spyware dll and exe in my system,,,,,, i do not what to do

if u people have suggestions, please suggest me,

from
    arun

2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

...*resisting urge to mock*

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

try diffent spyware revoving programs like spybot search & destory, the trend micro website scanner etc. If none of those get rid of it and it is really causing you a problem then you may have to wipe your computer and reinstall everything.

BTW in case you don't know, when you remove a virus/spyware it goes into a place called quarantine in your virus scanning program, you need to delete it from quarantine otherwise it will still be on your system.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

How do you know it is spyware? And which one is it?

There are many reference sites on the 'net that will tell you how to remove a given piece of malware.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. neutralhills

neutralhills Kilobyte Poster

[also resiting urge to mock]

UnhackMe from www.greatis.com can help you knock out tough rootkit components. Try Combofix from Bleeping Computer as well. I'd chase it up with Malwarebytes Antimalware.

Think of this problem as a litmus test. If you're unable to fix this problem on your own then you're unprepared for a computer career.

Certifications: Lots.
    WIP: Upgrading MS certs