Spybot search and destroy - WARNING

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Leehaa, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

If you are googling spybot in order to download for personal use / or looking into for company...whatever...BE WARNED!!

I just googled it and clicked on a link to 'spybot'....started chatting via Live Chat to a nice guy to see how much it would cost for my company...but a bit dodg as kept re-assuring me that their software was great...plus they initially said it was free..then said they had licenses for 1, 5 or 10 users...

...clicked on the link he gave me, and realised that it wasn't spybot search and destroy, but 'antispybot2008'

...because I am aware of the 'Vista and XP AntiVirus2008' scams, I managed to stop myself in time...

...was still on Livechat though, so gave them a few choice words!!!

They even said via Livechat that they were Microsoft certified...but there was nothing to say it on the link...

...bloody...gr$$$$4@@!*s

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Leah darling....thats why I use SUPERAnti-Spyware...:biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

:D funnily enough Noel, that's just what I have recently downloaded for personal use too - it's a really good tool!

4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

tis a sweet looking tool isnt it? everytime someone gives me their PC to fix, I slap that badboy on and let it do its business...you would be surprised how many things it finds in peoples machines who use the likes of Limewire...one machine had over 1500 items! :eek:

5. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

WOW!!! Bet you're pleased!!

6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

oh yes...lol...