Spare Components IT Support

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by d_mcgrail, Jul 31, 2009.

1. d_mcgrail

d_mcgrail Nibble Poster

Just wondered if you all may be able to help from your experiances of your own workplace.

Basically so far my work place just orders in any components needed to replace faults in PCs, plugs, extensions, phones etc. Obviously this delays jobs and is frustrating especially when its just a replacement of part.

So I was wondering what people keeping stock of currently?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Taking a xmas break
  2. d_mcgrail

d_mcgrail Nibble Poster

This is the suggested list i have put together:

Needlenose pliers/cutters (straight and curved)
    Hemostats
    Small mirror on telescoping handle
    Phone and AC line testers
    cold-heat soldering iron
    SPARE BATTERIES
    USB extension cable
    Blank cd's and dvd's
    small flashlight
    cable tester
    screwdriver and bits Phillips, flathead, Torx
    Miscellaneous cables (including patch and crossover cables)
    Drives (3.5″ floppy or CD/DVD ROM)
    Power Supplies
    Keyboards
    Mice
    Assorted case screws and motherboard jumpers
    NICs
    Hard drives
    RAM

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Taking a xmas break
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Replacement parts? I fire of an email, and have the parts by 10am the next day..! :) Thats for our user computers etc anyway.

We do have a stock of full blown machines that are ready to role out, all thats needed is a few quick profile related changes and they're ready go to. Our workspace environment is mostly generic so dont have too many problems with this method.

The only bits we have in stock for replacements are the critical components on our servers/network such as a couple of basic modems, switches, RAID drives, RAM, power supplies, network cards.... oh and of course, a few mice and keyboards for when people spill their coffee. :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012