Sound System for TV & Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jvanassen, Jan 7, 2010.

1. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

Hey there,

I current have a Creative 7.1 Surround Sound Speaker set which i have plugged into my computer and it is quite old now and as time has gone on speakers have broke etc. So i am now looking to buy myself a new Surround sound speaker set but what i would like is to be able to have it plugged into my TV also so that at a click of a button i can stop the sound coming through the speakers from the PC and instead the sound from the TV will come out.

I am just wondering what sort of functions/connections i need to look for when im searching for a sound system capable of this.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
  2. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

Im guessing that i just need to buy a Home cinema kit for the TV rather than a PC speaker set then i can attach my computer to the home cinema kit through the Line in on the home Cinema Kit. Can anyone confirm this?

And if this is correct what port would the cable come out from my computer just "Line out"?

Thanks

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

That's about the size of it.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job