1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound card driver error

Discussion in 'Linux / Unix Discussion' started by Theprof, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

So I am in the process of getting everything setup and everything seems to be working well except for my sound card, it looks like it is missing drivers. I ran the following command #lspci | grep audio and I found out that my sound card is "00:04.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation CK804 AC'97 Audio Controller (rev a2)"

I downloaded the correct sound drivers from Asus. My motherboard make and model is Asus M2N4-SLI when I tried to install using "./install" under "super user" I get an error message that says "No supported PNP or PCI card found" then it asks me if I want to probe any pci legacy cards. The first time I said yes, but then there were no cards listed in that list that indicated my sound card.

Also when I installed the driver in gnome desktop it was working fine, I then installed KDE and thats when the sound stopped working. Note: the sound doesn't work in gnome either.

This is where I am stuck at the moment. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edit. KDE version 3.5

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA