1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sometimes work is good

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by DiamondGeezer, Jan 6, 2005.

1. DiamondGeezer

DiamondGeezer Bit Poster

Most of us will whinge and moan about work, its human nature. Then once, out of the blue, your faith is restored in your company and all is peachy for a while again. Such an event happened to me last night, while talking to one of the engineers about the courses I've undertaken and some of the software i would be requiring, she turned round and told me that she could give me a licensed copy of win server 2003. With a scepticle reply I said " great ". Sure enough she came through and i now have my disc. Apparently it was ok because it was for training purposes, as if i cared. Now to find a full version of VMware. :D

WIP: mcp/ccna
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Way to go mate. It goes a long way to restoring faith in humanity again.:D

BTW I'm still looking for a similar experience.......hint hint.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Right on, DiamondGeezer. Writing has similar rewards. Often, when you are asked to write on a particular operating system, you get a free, full-version copy of the software. And VMWare rocks! :biggrin

Edit: If you want to take the risk, you can download the Beta 5 version of VMWare for free. It's got a few twists and turns to it but it's a way to try it on for size for free. You can also download a trial copy of 4.5 for free as well...it just won't last forever.

VMWare Beta 5 Summary

VMWare Beta 5 Discussion Group

VMWare download center

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I thought beta 5 was only for registered users to try?

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

My bad. :oops: Got carried way.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. DiamondGeezer

DiamondGeezer Bit Poster

Thanks guys, I'll prowl around a little more for full versions, with my luck I'd just be getting the hang of the program and it would expire on me. :(

WIP: mcp/ccna