Sometimes I wish.. (college)

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by supernova, Sep 9, 2008.

1. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

I took the part-time / evening college route for A+ -> MCSE, self study can be so lonely and boring sometimes.

Anyone else find this???

Andrew

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Self study can be boring, I try to keep myself motivated by practicing things instead of just reading and note taking.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

It can get tedious, luckily for me I have the missus to cheer me up, bring me coffee (and also other spontaneous energy revitalizing activities :twisted: )

But yeah I just keep thinking it'll be all worth it in the end.

WIP: MCDST
  4. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Yes I needs to get a new one. :wink:

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  5. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Keeping the end goal in mind helps me, as well I take breaks. Actually, breaks find me. Like when my kids are screaming, jumping, and making a ruccous - I know it's break time :blink

6. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hmm I'm one of those weird ones that loves to study. I find it really... empty I suppose when I'm not learning something new.

It was so weird coming off the HND to nothing.

Hunger for knowledge and all of that jazz :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Get a girlfriend :twisted:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. Qs

Haha, I have a girlfriend you fool. :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  9. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

She isn't made of PVC and come with a pump, does she? :twisted:

10. Qs

Last time I checked she was real.

But then again that was this morning and I've been working all day.

I hope to hell that your GF isn't made of PVC :p

11. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Mine is PVC answers to the name of flossie and goes baaaaaaaaaaaaaah :twisted:

12. Qs

Three words:-

Too

Much

Information

13. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Moral of the story is..

Let Qs & Wizard loose on a thread...You're getting blow up dolls amongst other obscenities :twisted:

I agree with you on that Qs, knowledge is power and I love the feeling I get when I'm flying through the end of chapter tests, I'm gunna re-read chapter 5 again (271) tonight though, as I've realised that it's a waste of time studying whilst your eyes are failing to stay open :lol:

WIP: MCDST
  14. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Do you expect anything less? :D

15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I keep telling you, man, Arro is not your girlfriend. :rolleyes:

:p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  16. Qs

*sigh* :dry lol