something for nothing?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zxspectrum, Apr 12, 2007.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

OK i just got this job passed to me through our jobclub site at the UNI. Id like peopls opinions about it if thats ok

IT Support Assistant
    Working for a firm in the Wirral. They are looking for a student with good all round IT and web skills to: solve the problems arising from their software, web searches for specific items/topics including property, adding to existing training Powerpoint as needed, loading/uninstalling software and general IT training of the staff. Working for 8 to 10 hours per week (either one full day or to half days to suit and can be worked round lectures) at £6.55 per hour.

Im going to go for it as i think it would be great experience. Im just not sure how to approach it as they dont mention anything about training and for what they want am i right in thinking that the money isnt that great??

Eddie

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Vendetta

Vendetta Nibble Poster

I would say go for it, the money might not be brilliant but it will look great on your CV and will help you in the long term.

3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I think i will do but first i need to make my CV more readable.

Eddie

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Grab that job with both hands mate, some people have to resort to volunteering to get some experience, so any paying job would be an excellent start!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hey mate go for it, everyone has to start somewhere, this might as well be your start.

Good luck.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Getting your start in IT is the hardest part of IT. Get it so you can get that elusive "experience" that everyone talks about and employers require!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Like everyone replied to your question, I say go for it also.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA