SOMEONE GET ME A JOB!!!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by noelg24, Oct 5, 2005.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Right thats it I am at the end of my tether at Apple!!! I need to get out of here...I have applied for so many jobs and only had one interview which I didnt get pass and if I get one more customer who calls us just to get the phone number for UPS I will so scream :x (have they ever heard of the internet or even the phone book? I mean what did they do 20 years ago?) Anyway, for those who live in or around the Newcastle area I was wondering if you guys would help me in getting a reasonable IT job (like helpdesk or something like that) that dont involve customers screaming about their broken iPod and why they cant get a refund on it despite the number of repairs its had...then I would love you forever... :biggrin but I will still be on the lookout for jobs meself...I have a couple more interviews lined up altho one is for Northern Rock (not really a mortgage advisor but must be better than here!!!) and the other might be for my old place back at BT Broadband (deffo the best job I ever had!!) so we'll see what happens in the next month...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Good luck, NoelG - even if asking for Helpdesk opportunities does seem a little like going from frying pan to fire. I enjoy my job OK at the mo, even with the occasional screamer on the line.

Hope you find something :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

OK, stay calm.
    There is nothing worse than being desperate to change jobs.
    It will never work out good for you. Don't be the fox, be the hound. No, not even that, be the guy with the Austrian accent and the gattling gun.
    I was desperate to get out of a job once, and I did, into a worse job that destroyed me. I fell into my dream job because it was the right thing at the right time, I wasn't even looking for it.
    Be calm, Padawan.
    Just keep your eyes and ears open, but do not be driven by panic.

Can't believe I said all that. Guys, do you think he'll buy it?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Might be worth a Poll on the question :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Sounds like good advice to me. Jonny know his onions when it comes to Job recruitment.
    You are also looking or talking to somone who is seriously cheesed off, so i know how you feel. :cry:

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

You want to create it? :tongue

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Don't know of any jobs going around at the minute, but I'll keep a lookout for ya.

I know of one guy who's just left a job as a tech, but don't kow if they're planning on replacing him yet.

8)

8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Johnny some good words of wisdom there...think I might take it on board...Simon mate thanks that would be grateful...like to thank everyone so far for helping me...hope there is more to follow...

WIP: my life
  9. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Great idea, Jak! :)

WIP: N+