Some questions about A+

Discussion in 'A+' started by sub_bass, Mar 2, 2008.

1. sub_bass

sub_bass New Member

Hi,

I've decided to self study A+ and have some questions.

1. Which of the elective exams should I take if I decide to work in a helpdesk/1st line role? 220-602 or 220-603?
    2. Is there a book like the Meyers 6th Ed. one which covers everything but more concise? I plan to study using the net and use (or both) the book for times when I'm on the train just to recap etc...
    3. The Comptia site says it's £111 for the A+ exam, does that include VAT?

Thanks

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

If there is no particular preference then 602 is the one to go for.
    If it is shorter it won't have so much covered. I'd stick with that book.
    I studied on the train mostly, and it took me just 2 months to get the cert. Your experience will be different depending on your background and history.
    3. The Comptia site says it's £111 for the A+ exam, does that include VAT?
    [/QUOTE]

Use the price quote from the test companies. They state (or did) quite clearly whether VAT is included. (I took my test some time ago so the prices have changed.)

Note that there are *two* exams to pass.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Most people do the 220-602 exam after the mandatory essentials exam.

With the Mike Meyers book do not assume that it is in sections that only relate to certain exams read the whole book, it is the most comprehensive book on the A+. Be aware some stuff on the net will be illegal software like braindumps
    If you pay the exam centre directly its £111 + vat however you can go to gracetech solutions.com and purachase one international A+ voucher (1 per exam) you dont pay vat. It must be an international voucher as the other vouchers are for US and Canada only.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?