Some Question Explanation

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by Shrety, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Shrety

Shrety New Member

Hello Everyone, i was doing some Dump exams for 70-291 and i ran into this question but i really don't understand the answer, i will be thankful if someone knows the explanation of this answer

Question
    Image Removed

Answer

Image Removed

Thanks In Advance

Images removed Please read the Rules and Guidelines and make sure you know the rules of this forum. (AJ)

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

ARRRGH, someone delete this thread! :x

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

All aboard the clue train... first stop is you

First up, despite what they may have done to try and convince everyone that they are now a 'legitimate' company providing bona fide test preparation materials rather than actual questions stolen directly from the MS exam question pool, most people still don't think Testking are legit. The fact that you yourself referred to them as 'dump' questions simply reinforces what most people think about the company.

Secondly, if you don't understand the subject you are asking questions about, you shouldn't be taking the exam. 70-291 is a very difficult exam - designed to be taken by people who have at least one years' worth of experience dealing directly with the subjects covered in the exam.

Thirdly, the material in the exam question you have posted, no matter how crappily it may be written (the standard of written English alone is laughable, God alone knows how accurate the questions are) is copyrighted to Testking. Unless you have express written consent (I'm betting you don't) you are not permitted to reproduce content from their exams.

If you want some good advice - and I'm dishing this out free, you won't have to pay a penny for it - stop trying to cheat your way through exams.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. Shrety

Shrety New Member

I studied already the moc of the infrastructure and what ways am i going to learn to solve the problems other than seeing solved problems as in testking or whatever .
    I am not planning to cheat at the exam but this is the only way i know to learn.

5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Testking were well know to have used questions taken from the MS exams themselves, which would be cheating if you then used those to help pass the exam yourself.

There are many other ways to learn this subject matter. Books that are available at very reasonable prices for a start, hands on experience (maybe I'm old fashioned :) ) and there is a vast amount of freely available information online. Here are a couple that are relevant to the question ...

http://www.learntosubnet.com/

http://www.learntcpip.com

edit: Oh, and I would get rid of the question in your original post as well, that or a mod will be along shortly to do it for you.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

If you HAD studied the official MOC, you would know that this is a basic subnetting question. If you don't know the answer to it within about 30 seconds of looking at the addressing information you've been given, you are in over your head and should not be taking the exam. You say you're not planning to cheat in the exam, but are doing exactly that by posting on a forum asking people to give you the answer to a question without showing anyone here that you've bothered to do any research into it yourself!

Now, if you'd posted and asked something which gave us the impression that you were trying to get to grips with a difficult subject, had the basics, but couldn't see how to put that concept into practice then you might have got a different answer.

As a side note, I have to say that this has to be hands-down one of the most ridiculous exam prep questions I've ever seen reproduced anywhere. Where on Earth would you find server addresses in a data centre handed out via DHCP? That's quite apart from the other nonsensical bits of the question (so you make a corpoirate acquisition whyich results in 200 new servers but don't have the budget for the network infrastructure to support them and are expected just to add another 200 live, internet facing servers into your current infrastructure? LOL - THAT would be a neat trick! Way to prepare people for the real world TestKing!

7. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

To be fair through Zeb, this is more of a way to prepare someone for an MS question than for the real world. MS questions can be just as ludicrous. :)

Actually, given the source it probably *was* an actual MS question come to think of it. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  8. Shrety

Shrety New Member

I asked for an explanation to why they choose \23 for the first subnet which had 400 machines and why they choose the \24 for the one that had the 200 not for an answer to the question, anyway i was not thinking of cheating when i was studying these question, i was thinking to know how the exam questions are going to be. and in any school or college the students do that, and it doesn't mean they're cheating.

9. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

But the whole thing about Braindumps, such as Testking (or how they used to be for MS exams) is that you don't have to understand to pass. All you need to do is regurgitate the answers you've learnt from the dumps. You may pass the exams, but they won't help you in real life situations.

Oh... and using questions from the actual exams is cheating.

10. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

And that's precisely why I said you're in over your head. If you don't know the difference between various subnet masks, you shouldn't be taking the exam! You should be looking at some of the subnetting tutorials out ther eon the web that will teach you what a VLSM is, why they are used and what you can do with them to solve various networking problems.