some queries related 70-272

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by karan1337, Sep 8, 2010.

1. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

OK, i intend to complete my MCDST by end of this year. It becomes difficult to do certs and maintain your grade in college at the same time.

However, i'm currently attending the MOS video series for Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint to learn more and also gain some experience. There's no series for outlook express as it is a stripped version of outlook.

Only thing i wanted to know is which are the important areas u need to focus more on with respect to supporting and troubleshooting applications. Some of the course content overlaps with 70-271 so i have no problem with that.

Thanks in advance.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS, Brainbench: XP and Vista [Master]
    WIP: Bachelors:Computer Science
  2. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Hi Karan,

Yes some of the content does overlap between the two exams. To be honest you could get questions on any area of the skills measured as it is luck of the draw on the day - on the older style exams MS doesn't put a percentage weighting so I would only be guessing at what you could get in the exam.

My advice is to ensure you know security and permissions very well -its covered in both the 271 and 272 so it is a key area. Also obviously know the applications, how to troubleshoot and configure them. Spend time on all of them so you have a good idea of where things are, as they may ask you a random question on where something is in a application menu which you might not get in the book/ videos. Outlook express, is very much like outlook, know the differences and the options available and you will be fine.

Thanks,
    Crazy Horse

3. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

Thanks crazy horse, i'll keep that in mind :)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS, Brainbench: XP and Vista [Master]
    WIP: Bachelors:Computer Science