1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some interview questions help

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by mallet, Aug 11, 2010.

1. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

Got an interview this friday for 1st line support and managed to ask the recruiter what questions I might be asked in conjunction with any other common questions they might ask.

I already answered some questions but wanted to know if they are suitable answers.

I am having some problems on this question:
    Tell them about yourself:
    I was a part-time student studying at *********. My interest in computer started off with my first 486 PC and since then I have been interested in bulding computers from the ground up.
    I like to be doing 1st line support work as a future career.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time both professionally and personally:
    I would look still like to do customer service work in the next 5 years. As I find it challenging and I like helping people out. And learning new IT programs.

weakness:
    I dont have enough MAC experience but I am a quick learner and will pick up the MAC skills quickly.

how you would deal with conflict:
    ?????????? I am not sure if the question is asking how I deal with IRATE customers.

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  2. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Weakness:
    You're better off saying i want to learn more about macs rather than saying you dont have enough experience. Turn the negative in to a positive. Only mention things that are relevant to the job.

How you would deal with conflict:
    Maybe mention you get on with most people and you are a team player so wouldn't really see conflict as much of an issue. If i did arise you would consult your line manager/supervisor

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  3. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

thanks, thats a great way of putting it :thumbleft
    Still not sure about the "Tell them about yourself" statement though.

-Muz

Certifications: MCP
  4. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

No one wants to do first line as a future career, its a stepping stone to 2nd, 3rd line and more advanced stuff. If you havent done first line before you will understand once you get your first job :biggrin. I would say you want to use the position to help you progress in the organisation.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  5. vegetablevn

vegetablevn Banned

Hi,

I do not agreed with you. Any way, your ideal make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting.Tks and best regards