some help

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by volume, Apr 30, 2009.

1. volume

volume Nibble Poster

i am doing a question paper for my 271 it says

You are the help desk support staff for company.com who use Winxp as their mainstream desktop OS.
    There is 300mb of encrypted data stored in a network share. You want to take them to a local computer while maintaining the encryption status. currently the local computer has 2 drivers avaliable:
    C: Fat32 3GB, D: NTFS 1GB

On which drivers should you enable EFS ? Which possible actions you can take?

A. C Drive
    B. C Drive after converting to NTFS
    C. D drive
    D. D Drive after converting to FAT32

the answer grid says C & D but i dont understamd why ??

Certifications: 70-722, 70-721, 70-621
    WIP: 70-720, 790, 791
  2. armouredcrack

armouredcrack Bit Poster

those answers are wrong if i have read the question correctly the answers should be B & C as EFS can only be enabled on NTFS drives.

From my experience you need to be careful with these tests as even the microsoft press books which i use are sometimes wrong. But for these errors you can look on the microsoft website for corrections for each manual. Not sure about test king never heard of them before i use transcender testing software which i havent had any problems with.

Certifications: A+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You do know that TK is a well know braindump provider?!

You can be deceritifed, banned from any future exam and in some cases face legal action.

Use legit and proper study/training materials.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. volume

volume Nibble Poster

thanks armouredcrack thats how i could not get my head round it i as a previouse question was similar and when that came up i was like wow whats going on

and yeah i have noticed one or two errors in my 271 book

thanks for your help armouredcrack

5. volume

volume Nibble Poster

wagnerk

what do you mean by braindump provider ??

I never knew any of this ??

6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Mate,

You may want to see here.

Braindumps are copies of original exams that break the NDA that we agree to when taking the exam. Added to that answers that alot of these braindumps provide are not always correct.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. volume

volume Nibble Poster

wagnerk thanks for your help man i had no idea about this i guess you all know now am a pure newbie lol :oops:

8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you should use practice exams from somewhere like www.boson.com or www.trancender.com or www.preplogic.com

As Ken says if it's suspected that you have used a braindump and proved then you can have all your certifications stripped of you, stopped from taking any certs again and possible legal action in the form of a hefty fine that could screw you for life.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?