Some advice on the results of an IT Career test

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Higgs, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Higgs

Higgs New Member

I have just done a couple of tests to see what type of jobs i would be suited for in an IT environment and i was wondering if anyone had the time to quickly look over them and see what they would advise.

I was originally thinking of training for a technical support role IE: 1st line and working my way up to 2nd line support.

After the results of the tests i am now thinking that i may be pursuing the wrong role in tech support.

I will probably still try to get into a 1st line support role but if i were to follow what the tests have advised where should i be looking to go from there.

The two sets of test results are attached via a pdf, one is a Multiple intelligence test and the other is the IT test results.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Personally I wouldn't read too much into these tests (even though a few "agencies" do). If you read the whole thing, it'll tell you that you can basically are suited from anything to programming to tech support...

I did a general assessment and the results came back saying that I'd be suited for a position in the following sectors:

Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
    Library Assistants, Clerical
    Office Clerks, General
    Statisticians
    Receptionists and Information Clerks
    Stock Clerks, Sales Floor
    Biostatisticians
    Customer Service Representatives
    Mathematicians
    Survey Researchers

Funny IT didn't make a mention...

-Ken

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Higgs

Higgs New Member

I wrote a reply to you wagnerk but it will not let me post it, saying that i have used an innapropriate word or link. I have not used a link and i cannot see what the word could be.

4. Higgs

Higgs New Member

It doesn't matter i found the answer i was looking for elsewhere.

Thanks