1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some advice on C|EH by EC-Council

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Pingsweep, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Pingsweep

Pingsweep New Member

Hello everybody here at certforums,

Im currently studying on a 5 month course that gives me qualifications in CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, MCTS, MCITP. The main aim of this course is to get employment within the IT support industry. This isn't really where I want to be. So im looking also at doing the C|EH qualifications that are offered by EC-Council.

I'm going to need to do self study as the time constraints with my current course.
    I've been quoted a price by a company to do the course with exams by using a VLE (Virtual Learning Enviroment) or is it better to buy all the materials and the exams yourself?

Are the C|EH qualifications even worth getting? I wanted to go for CISSP but don't have any official experience to do it. What is used on the C|EH course I have a lot of experience using, so should stead me well. :)

Any comments appreciated

2. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Well, since you're still in training for the entry level certs I would concentrate on landing an entry-level job first.

Besides, the EH certificate requires that you have a couple of years of hands-on experience as a security engineer:

https://www.eccouncil.org/certification/certified_ethical_hacker.aspx

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  3. Esses

Esses New Member

Certifications: Net+, Sec+
    WIP: CEH, Linux+, CAPM