Social networking in IT site

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by twizzle, Apr 6, 2008.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I've been invited to a social networking site for technical people or those in IT.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is a member? and if so how useful have you found it?

The site is

http://www.linkedin.com

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I am a member. I haven't found it useful... yet, other than to put me in contact with a couple of contractors I used to work with but lost touch with.

I do believe that it could become quite useful, especially when it comes to looking for a new role.

3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I've just signed up too, i'll have a look later and see what its all about.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

It's good for contacting HR or tech recruiters employed by the company you're interested in. Headhunters will find you, and most aren't worth the effort anyways. Still, it allows a connection to somebody you didn't think you could get in touch with, so I see it more as an 'inside angle' as anything else.

Oh, and while I'm on it too, I don't find it particularly useful :biggrin

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE