so when will the 901/02 be out?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Juelz, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Has there been any news? All Ive seen is a post on the comptia fb page saying they were putting it together.. I want to wait to do the 901/02 as the 801/02 has dated technology in which I hope will disapear from the 901/02.

2. cdwesley

cdwesley New Member

The A+ 800 series expire June 30, 2016. CompTIA A+ 220-901 and 220-902 exams are available worldwide as of 15-Dec-2015.

WIP: CompTIA A+ 801 & 802
  3. Guvnor

Guvnor Nibble Poster

What kind of dated technology mate? Would be interested to know.

I think it's a fair bet to assume in the UK it's worth actually knowing about some dated technology as we're pretty much behind in upgrading our tech to the latest version. Well that's the feeling I get from reading threads/posts on Cf, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT ;

Found whats new with the new exam :
    http://www.professormesser.com/after-class/whats-new-on-220-901-and-220-902/

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

"Say hello to windows phone" lol, why ? They have less than 2% of the market, and I don't think phone support is a core duty of IT techs ?

5. Guvnor

Guvnor Nibble Poster

I'm confused now,

So guys should one wait and do the new 9 series or will one be better off doing the old 8 series? What will be the better option?

Hope you don't mind me asking in your thread @Juelz just thought it would be relevant as it's on the same topic.

6. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I made this back in April... you can have the thread lol.

7. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

Let's put it this way. There's a very good chance you'll have to support one or 2 XP machines in a production environment. Windows 8... Not so much. I'd imagine most places that actually went over to Windows 8 have either gone back to 7 or up to 10.
    You may have to support phones, but who has a Windows phone? Far more likely to be android/iphones. I'd say the 800 series will be more beneficial. CompTIA missed a trick with this one. 900 is already out of date.

Guvnor likes this.
  8. Guvnor

Guvnor Nibble Poster

Exactly the type of advice I was looking for that hits the nail on the head, cheers mate.

Pseudonym likes this.