So, there's me, resolving some FRS issues at work

Discussion in 'Networks' started by zebulebu, May 29, 2007.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Damn complicated stuff - a few sites having some issues replicating FRS sets, issues with the SysVol share on some DCs and junk.

So I figures, 'you know what? I've munged my infrastructure at home a lot over the past three or four years, so lets run SONAR against my DCs and see if I can make head or tail of the problems it throws up'.

A cunning plan, I thought - at least then I'd be able to fiddle and have a look without breaking anything serious.

So I ran it - what did I find?

[​IMG]

:rolleyes: Everything works perfectly on my network

I rock! :rocks

Of course, thats even more proof that my network doesn't prepare me in the sligghtest for the 'real world' :lolbang

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I`ll send my mate round, last time he was messing around with the sysvol folder (group policy replication problem) he somehow managed to lose the whole domain! After a reboot there wasn’t an option to log onto the domain.

One way to get a heart attack that’s for sure! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOLOL - that's why I thought I'd try some stuff out on my domain - no WAY am I brutalising anything important at work. Last time we had a major issue was when two utter, utter toolbags decided to take it upon themselves to recreate the trust relationship between our old NT domain and the AD one - in the middle of the day. there were some (ahem) 'interesting' WINS issues as a result, that I still get nightmares from to this day...

4. Sparky

FFS! Sounds like a nightmare! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  5. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Jeez, Louise.

I'm on my hols this week but I sneeky peek twice a day to check that I'm not going to be called in.

You know what someone wanted me to look at today? The f*cking CCTV monitor.

If that's IT I'm a Dutchman (no offence Tinus (and d-, if you're coming in via ouija)).

The temptation to email back hasn't left me, and I've been at the booze all afternoon.

I may go in for the kill tomorrow...

And take the plug off their kettle. 8)

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  6. Sparky

Might say that at work from now on. Almost lost the plot when I was asked about a Sky digibox the other day! :rolleyes:

7. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

My God - coincidence or what!

Last week the Mail admin was sitting opposite me when some **** ponced in, plonked himself down on a chair and said 'You're the email bloke, right?' After a mumbled assertion to the positive from my colleague he said 'Well, I've got this problem with Sky broadband. I can't set up my email to work through my Sky digibox'.

I stood up and said 'Mate - you;ve got a LOT of calls in your queue - you need to get on top of them because you're so busy (hint bloody hint). The bloke only got up and said - I've got a meeting to go to - I'll come back later. Cheeky prick.

I'd have done what i did with lawyers I used to work with who used to try and get free tech support from me - tell them my hourly rate is £65 - minimum charge one hour.

8. shaggy

shaggy Byte Poster

im shocked, i have no idea about anything mentioned in your first post haha

Certifications: BND ICT Systems Support and Networking
    WIP: A+