1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So prospects :

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by morph, Jun 12, 2007.

1. morph

morph Byte Poster

So - i've worked on helpdesks for a while, not got any formal qualifications, but did alright - last one before i went of travelling was doing helpdesk role, but we covered everything - we were actively encouraged to try and fix anything - get in there, ask questions etc.. was really good - i went travelling and came back and i moved up to london - now it was quite tough finding a job, i got one - the advantage being its got me into london - although the role is a bit restrictive = we are a helpdesk, but we cant remote onto peoples pc;s - which is whack if u ask me, so esentially its not very full on, however in the mean time - i spend my time reading up for a+ and then i want to do the network+ then a ccna - i sit next to the network support guys - made them aware of what i want to do - there's talk of maybe being able to get into networks - to me it seems as if i'm in a good posistion here - my only concern is just sitting on a helpdesk that essentially deals with calls by passing them on - i rekon if i get the qualifications and dont get to move on i might leave - i appreciate i am also looking way in the future at the moment!
    Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security