So many questions..

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by JC, Sep 7, 2006.

1. JC

JC Bit Poster

Hi All,

I'm currently studdying for 70 290.
    reading MOC 2273B, MS Press 70 290 Self Paced Training Kit.
    Measure up for Practice exams

I've reviewed the Requirements from Microsoft and it appears that I'll need extra reading to cover all elements.

I've reviewed some of the threads here today and found some useful info but I guess I want ensure to cover all bases so could anyone please suggest good resources especally for areas not covered by my current reading list. I suppose those areas are Terminal Services, Print Management, IIS etc..??

Althoug I use IIS, Terminal Services and Windows 2003 a bit I lack the freedom provided by owning appropriate resources so trying many of the labs is out of the question.

I've been thinking of using Virtualisation for future exams has any one had experience with this, please advise if this is suitable.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or comments.

Certifications: 70 290
    WIP: MCITP
  2. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Hi, there are loads of threads on here about the advantages of virtual machines, do a search from the tool bar at the top of the page.

If you don't have an evaluation CD of Server 2003, you can download one from the MS website.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  3. JC

JC Bit Poster

Your right about the quantity of VM threads I was in the VM area earlier.

I'll be looking at that area closely although I have also noted that may prefer the hardware / power hungry route. Space is a big issue for me so unless there are considerable disadvantages in using VM / VPC / Vserver. I've already invested considerable time in 70 290 so I'd rather finish this before heading off on a tangent... (something I'm prone to do!)

I have an MSDN subscription for work I think that covers access to software fairly well however I just can't get a home lab together in my curerntly transient lifestyle.

Thanks

Certifications: 70 290
    WIP: MCITP