So it begins....

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by morph, Aug 26, 2008.

1. morph

morph Byte Poster

havent been on here for a while, been sort of knuckling down in my job and studying has been put on the back burner - so this week i begin the slow process of ramping back up and having another pop at the full ccna - i got a ccent qulification last time and missed icnd 2 by 12 % - so hopefully after having spent 8 months doing the job i may have a better chance this time ;)

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Good Luck Morph:thumbleft

Have you booked your exam yet?? If not, then do so as it's a good motivation point, it also gives you a target to work towards. Otherwise you might put the studying on the back burner. :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. morph

morph Byte Poster

yeah fairpoint - but i think i'm gonna wait a few months - i'm gonna do alot of reading of stuff first then start the hardcore studying and at that point - i shall book in!

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Booking in for the CCNA exam may be a good idea but you need to be absolutely sure you can cover all of the material in order to pass.

It's quite a beefy exam by comparison (to the A+ etc) and its content therefore requires a deeper understanding. Motivation is obviously a good thing... but booking it for a couple of weeks time only to realise the day before you don't know the content in enough detail to pass would suck.

Just be careful. You don't have to book it in advance if you don't want to.

Best of luck with it all. :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

That works for me as well.

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck on the exam :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security