So im at college

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by ericrollo, Apr 27, 2010.

1. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Err the right side is the only side?

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

No exams? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Drum, unless your grammar is 100% on here, i think you should maybe shut up.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  4. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

This thread reminds me why I dont post much of the forums :(

Certifications: A few.
  5. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Yep you're right...I'd make a terrible grammer cop. Apologies to Eric.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  6. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Are we actually doing this?

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  7. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

I know HND does not require any exams at all.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  8. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

You are going overboard with this drum_dude, how about acting abit more mature or closer to the age on your profile. Its not like you cant understand what he is typing, if the "txt" speak was to the extent that you cant understand the post then fair enough, but posting what you have above is totally pointless in my opinion.

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Psst... hey guys... see that post up there by this dude named AJ? Yeah, he's the site admin... and I believe he said to keep it cool. Drum's already apologized and backed down, so what do you hope to gain by posting this, despite what AJ has asked us NOT to do?

If you still have a problem with Drum, I suggest you take it to PM. Or, you can ignore my suggestion and continue doing what you're doing... after all, I have no mod powers on this forum, and if you won't listen to AJ, it's not likely you'll listen to me.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

pssst....shut up.

I will however add i missed Drum's apology...so sorry for adding.

but Mike, yeh....

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  11. BosonMichael

No, YOU shut up! :x

Heeeey, waitaminute... I see what you did there... :hhhmmm

:p

:offtopic

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  12. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

My HND had lots of exams.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  13. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I am currently teaching HND students and NO exams. They have two assigments to do which are assessed and then verified both internally and also by external verifiers who ensure the work meets the Edexcel requirements :

"When centres are designing assessment instruments, they need to ensure that the instruments are valid, reliable and fit for purpose, building on the application of the assessment criteria. Centres are encouraged to place emphasis on practical application of the assessment criteria, providing a
    realistic scenario for learners to adopt, making maximum use of work-related practical experience and reflecting typical practice in the sector concerned. The creation of assessment
    instruments that are fit for purpose is vital to achievement and their importance cannot be overemphasised."

In other words a "centre" (college) could use some exams but the preference is for relevent assessed coursework.

(Jeez, I really am getting into this teaching thing ! :p )

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  14. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I did lots of assignments in mine too but we had four exams out of both years. If I remember correctly the two exams in the first year were Computing in Business and project management. The second year the exams were general based exams on things like Novell Netware and Networking.

Everything else like Introduction to computer systems ,Systems Analysis, Delphi, Operating systems and SQL were all assignement based.

I suppose when I did my HND qualifications were still in a transition period going to more vocational studies.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  15. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

This is not the first time I have seen drum_dude go off on one about "txt" speak, he has gone as far as creating a whole topic on it, so apologising is totally pointless if he is just going to continue to do it. Maybe the admin should take this on board as one persons rant is annoying a few people.

16. BosonMichael

It doesn't matter. Just in case you didn't get the point, AJ asked for all of us (including you) to cut it out. :rolleyes:

If you have a problem with Drum's post, by all means, click that little blue exclamation point button above his post. But before you do, understand that nothing will likely come of it, as Drum has already publicly apologized.

You, on the other hand, continue to complain despite repeated attempts to put the thread back on track. If you wanted to ensure that the admin "takes your advice on board", perhaps you should have just PMed AJ personally instead of ignoring his request. So don't be surprised if AJ comes around to bop you on the head... and don't say I didn't give you fair warning.

Again: :offtopic

17. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I've asked you all to cool it and still some of you carry on. It was a reasonable request so that we can get back to topic and help people.

If this sniping carries on then I will start using the infraction system.

Please - Back to Topic

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  18. ericrollo

Well i have an interview.

19. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Sorry, what? this topic is about text speak not interviews!! :p only kidding.

Pray tell then, share the details. Where, what for, doing, wage.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  20. ericrollo

For a data centre/ ISP doing technical support.