So happy :)

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by CliffG, Mar 30, 2006.

1. CliffG

CliffG Nibble Poster

Hi guys,

It's been a while since i've posted here, but more recently i've been a little bit of a lurker reading all the posts...

When I last posted I was without work and studying for my A+, since then i've landed a good job at a blue chip company working as a Helpdesk Analyst... My First IT job..

After 1 month here, I'm really loving it, and so far have absolutely no reservations whatsoever about a career in IT. I can't believe how much I've learnt already, and I know i'm only scaping the top of the iceberg..
    Learning how to use tools such as Active Directory (and some more user-friendly - but slower clones).

Thing is, while I do at times feel in the deep end, there is lots of support and my customer service skills from my previous job are definately helping, and i'm loving it at the same time. Every day is a challenge, every day I learn tons of new stuff, and I actually look forward to work each day.

Off course with all this increased learning and long days, it leaves me precious little time for studying A+.. But i've not given up on A+, on the contrary, my job is compliementing my studying and visa versa, and night by night, i'm doing a few pages at a time at a nice lesiurely pace.

I hope this post doesn't sound like a boast or anything, because it's not, in fact i've taken a little bit of a pay cut from my old sales job - which i expected, and doesn't bother me much..
    It's worth it, i'm finally on my career track that i've been wanting for years.

Once i've got some decent experience under my belt plus some certifications, then I can start looking for the more advanced roles.

I guess I wanted to post this to provide people with hope really, I've got no professional IT experience, and no academic IT qualifications, yet I managed to get my foot on the ladder. It wasn't easy, but with the right determination and energy people can achieve it.

Cheers

Cliff the lurker :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Thats great news Cliff!

:thumbleft

3. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

excellent! congrats!

4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Well done, glad to hear you are enjoying your new role :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Way to go mate. :thumbleft

Make the most of it.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Good to here that you finally got your foot on the ladder.

*to all those still trying*:

You see it is possible, you just need to be patient and it will pay off in the end.

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  7. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Well done CLiffG! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  8. Duckie

Duckie Nibble Poster

It's great that you are enjoying your new job and having the support of your colleagues has obviously made settling in that bit easier :)

~Duckie

Certifications: MCDST, MOS 2003
  9. jodsclass

jodsclass Byte Poster

Glad to see your enjoying the work mate. MAkes all the difference if you look forward to getting up in the morning.

Jodsclass

Certifications: BSc IT & Web Development
    WIP: MSc Advanced Computing, Oracle Cert