1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow Leopard - Are you upgrading?

Discussion in 'Polling Station' started by Gingerdave, Aug 25, 2009.

?

Are you upgrading to Snow Leopard on Friday

  1. Hell Yes - day 1 single license

    2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  2. Hell Yes - day 1 Family Pack

    1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. Hell Yes - day 1 Mac Pack

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes - going to wait abit to see what breaks

    5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  5. Nope, I only have a PPC Mac

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Nope Happy with current version

    2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  7. I dont have a mac - they are only for the coloured pencil department

    27 vote(s)
    73.0%
  1. Gingerdave

    Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

    991
    44
    74
    So with Snow Leopard out Friday and the upgrade cost from Leopard to Snow Leopard being £25 are you going to upgrade?
     
    Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

    Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

    5,726
    175
    221
    Wow with that last option on the poll I figured Zeb started this thread ;)

    yup I'll be upgrading, why wouldnt I for $29?
     
    Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

    UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

    3,477
    121
    184
    Mac - don't you use that with an umbrella ? :p
     
    Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

    simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

    6,199
    125
    199
    no plans to upgrade at present. I think that my little 1 generation MacBook runs just fine as it is.

    I may however have to upgrade the work Mac's though.

    8)
     
  5. Gingerdave

    Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

    991
    44
    74
    Nope had just been reading the Reg :biggrin
     
    Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. MLP

    MLP Kilobyte Poster

    305
    19
    42
    I'll be upgrading my Macbook, but not for a while. Leopard suits me fine for the moment, and performance is great as it is. That said, £25 is nearly nothing, and it might even fix the wireless flakiness.

    The work Macs - I have no idea, as there is a Mac server to consider as well, and its not my decision.

    Maria
     
    Certifications: HND Computing
    WIP: 70-680, 70-270, 70-290
  7. Theprof

    Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

    4,570
    68
    196
    That's a really cheap upgrade.... if I had a mac, I'd do it for sure!
     
    Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

    wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

    10,831
    357
    341
    I've got a Mac mini and will be upgrading. However as I have 10.4, instead of 10.5 (Leopard), it may be more than that to upgrade. Will wait for all my other projects to finish :)

    -Ken
     
    Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  9. BosonJosh

    BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

    1,326
    28
    89
    I won't be upgrading on day 1, but I'll be upgrading very soon.
     
  10. Raffaz

    Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

    2,976
    56
    184
    Im currently running leopard so dont think there are any major upgrades between the two, so i wont be bothering.
     
    Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  11. BosonJosh

    BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

    1,326
    28
    89
    I upgraded about a week ago. Overall, the upgrade process went smoothly.
     
  12. Fergal1982

    Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

    4,196
    171
    211
    I'd be tempted to buy it, if I could install onto vmware. Whilst there appears to be various articles detailing how (incidentally, how do I tell if my CPU has PAE?), apparently its not legal?
     
    Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  13. Gingerdave

    Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

    991
    44
    74
    Its against the EULA, the license is granted for one install on Apple hardware.
     
    Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  14. Fergal1982

    Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

    4,196
    171
    211
    yep, thats what I read too. what a bunch of gits. seems like a ripe opportunity for them to try and convert the windows market, just by allowing it on windows hosts.
     
    Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  15. Gingerdave

    Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

    991
    44
    74
    its their thing, it "allows them to delvier the best OS X experiance" or something like that.
     
    Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  16. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

    Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

    5,726
    175
    221
    I run it on a few non apple boxes
    not got it working in VMWare yet though
     
    Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0

Share This Page

Loading...