SMS Exam 70-089

Discussion in 'SBS' started by Dually_man, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Dually_man

Dually_man New Member

Hi folks,

Has anybody out there sat the SMS exam (70-089)? We have recently started using SMS at work and it looks like an amazing tool. I'm thinking of sitting the exam but the only thing putting me off at the moment is that very few people seem to have done it and there appears to be very little in the way of study quides for this exam.
    Can anyone recommend a study guide?

Thanks

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: MCSA
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

this is like that 70-282 that has to do with Small Business Server 2003 - no study guides! You might have to follow the route of getting a copy of the exam objectives and a few books from amazon on SMS - Click here and trying to learn all that is required!:biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The 70-089 has various study guides. You can get stuff from Transcender, this book (Microsoft® Systems Management Server 2003 Administrator's Companion ) from MS Press, you can get info from Technet, MSDN and MS's Training and Certification Newsgroups.

There are also instructor led courses:

1. Course 2596: Managing Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 and
    2. Course 2597: Planning and Deploying Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003

However you need to find a training centre around your area. please check your local college and/or independant training centres.

Hope this helps.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security