Smartboard not powering on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shadowwebs, Feb 3, 2013.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

I have been in my new job a little over 1 month now and it's the first time I have came across smartboards in the workplace, anyway the fault I currently have is that it's not getting any power, I have tried the reset button on the right side of the panel, also changed the fuse in the plug and tried a different wall socket... would everyone else take it up to this point that the smartboard is indeed dead or is there anything anyone else would try?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

If you have tried the basics and it's not working then the logical step is it needs to be looked at by a professional repairman, someone who knows the logic boards and power supplies of this device. I would find out if it's under warranty or support contract and let someone else look into it.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

One of ours went out of warranty at work, and on phoning the company that installed them (actually the guy that installed it too), he said "there is no way I am touching them, they are a nightmare to fix"

Hope you don't have a Prometheus one!

4. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

Normally with things like this we just check if its under warranty and if we've tried all the basic stuff get the company out to look at it.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
  5. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

Trying another power supply isn't a bad idea, where I worked a few years ago we had 2 failed in about 6 months.

6. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

We have a couple of them here. I run for the hill when they go wrong!

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  7. Toasty

Toasty Byte Poster

Hi

What is the model of the board?

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  8. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Start Here

If the board is out of warranty though it may be a more cost effective solution to simply replace the board.

9. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

we managed to get the board back on, even though all the connections were in place, and tried a different fuse, and a different power socket, the thing we didnt count on is that on following the whole cable back the full length it then looped through another junction cable in to another socket... may i just add that this smartboard was in a construction class room where the students learn how to do bricklaying amongst other things so everywhere was a right state to try and move around, we found the way in the end and was pleased to see the power come on.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)