Slumping funds for Madeleine search..

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by rax, Nov 27, 2007.

1. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Full story http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1294496,00.html

I believe the main reason for this decrease of funding has come mainly from the very bad Portugease police force making wild accusations and the poor, poor press headlining and stories. Many things have been said and written without actual fact behind the stories and claims and, evidently, it has had a massive blow on the public opinions of the McCann's.

Though blaming the Police and press may be easy, I am very aware and a little annoyed by just how much this case has been rammed down our throats. Not a day goes by without there being a story regarding Madeleine or the McCanns' and quite frankly I think there is more important news being neglected - a new "theory" does not deserve headline status. This in turn will also affect how the donating public feel towards the "campaign" and rightly so.

Either way, I think the press and public need to remember what it at the heart of this story and that is: Madeleine.

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The public and the press will jump at any info that they can get. The McCann's wanted the world press/public involved, they took the positive press and now they have to take the negative press for whatever discrepancies pop up.

However that shouldn't distract from the fact that there is a missing child, but then again what about all these children or these?

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Yep

I completely agree, there will be a lot of bitterness due to how much "favouritism" has been shown to Madeleine.

Though I feel the case has had way too much publicity, or at least in comparison with other incidents, I think it came at a time where the fight against peadophilia was already being boosted. This case isn't solely about Madeleine, it'll deliver a worldwide message to the peadophiles and assosiated "traders".

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I think the fact that funds are dropping could be the negative press, but also because the Mccans have money because they are in well paid professions.

When little Ben Needham http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6634075.stm went missing there wasn't as much publicity as there has been with Mccans is this because of money or class?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?